Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||New York, NY
|| Accounting/Auditing, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Production, Sales, Franchising, Research & Development
Head of Offshore Asian Product Distribution|
The role of the Offshore Asian Product Distribution team is to promote and facilitate the origination, distribution and execution of Asian FX, Rates and Credit outside Asia Pacific, by supporting the Corporate and Institutional Sales teams in delivering Asian Product content to Americas and EMEA clients.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- To meet Asian Product Revenue targets
- To build familiarity of appropriate parts of the Americas and EMEA Salesforce with Asian products and opportunities
- Manage oversight of Asian risk books in non Asian times to support client activity
- Help Sales in broadening client franchise for Asian products in Americas and EMEA client base by positioning Product team to assist Sales by directly handling Asian product related client queries; by meeting and discussing Asian Trading views/strategies/Axes with clients
- Ensure relevant sales have access to and are using Asian Trading and Research resources - build content.
- To support the growth of cross regional LCY deals and associated incremental Asian derivative income
- New Product development to deliver Asian product content to global clients
- RMB Business Development in EMEA and the Americas
- Support Sales in delivering quality Asian product content to Americas and EMEA clients.
- To manage the Asian Pods in EMEA/Americas
- Work seamlessly with both Asian Trading teams and EMEA/Americas Sales teams to deliver and distribute Asian product content to clients
- To represent Asian products in senior forums as nominated by Co-Heads of GM, Asia-Pacific
- Possess and develop strong knowledge in and broad understanding of Asian markets and opportunities
- Drive business development, especially product improvement and innovation in a different product time zone and geography
- Stay on top of competition and ongoing regulatory changes in the Asian time zone e.g. opportunities arising from the internationalisation of the RMB.
- Act with good understanding of procedures manual the team operates under, bound by any other regulatory requirements that apply and relevant codes of conduct.
- Coach and share knowledge within the team. Act as a role model with high standards for ethics and judgement
- Understand HSBC’s edge and be able to effectively help clients to create Asian product propositions
- Foster the delivery of Asian content to Americas/EMEA clients
Typical KPIs and Targets:
- AOP targets set for Asian Product revenue as measured by Cross Sales Report (non Cash FX) for EMEA/Americas clients
- Growth in Asian product revenue (Rates/FX/Credit) generated from Americas/EMEA domiciled clients in the G-75 list- sourced from the G75 MI report.
- Number of new clients dealing Asian products(excl Cash FX) and revenue generated- sourced from Cross Sales report
- Number of new ideas generated and revenue contribution from these ideas in Americas/EMEA
- Incremental Asian product(derivative) revenue y-on-y from cross-regional LCY deals originated out of EMEA/Americas
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of Asian markets in general with prior product and client experience in at least one major Asian market.
- Experience of managing Sales and Trading teams- direct experience of risk management and client management.
- Experience of new product development
- Ability to represent Asian products with senior clients and GM Management.