Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Arlington Heights, IL
|| Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Manager Credit Policy and Risk|
Provides support for model development of stress testing models for mortgage portfolio and other large and/or complex credit policy, risk and/or marketing projects, or risk technology platforms requiring advanced analytical, quantitative and technical skills. Demonstrated mastery of their area in order to develop and recommend credit-related policies/ and models.
Impact on the Business
- Design and write mainframe and PC technical programs for statistical analysis of portfolio for stress testing model development and/or Credit Bureau performance and monitoring.
- May review, reengineer and implement risk technology platforms to improve capacity, efficiency and functionality.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor internal and external credit scoring models and/or financial forecasting models using both traditional and other advanced predictive technologies. May use segmentation and optimization tools in strategy development.
Leadership & Teamwork
- May supervise, train and review the work of Credit Risk Analysts within projects managed.
- Develop economic and portfolio forecasts including thorough analysis of portfolio performance and loss analysis/segmentation.
- May participate in managing credit data expenses, coordinating credit bureau reporting, systemic translation of credit bureau attributes and credit decision processing.
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic and operating plans to enhance business growth.
- Confer with in-house systems specialists and financial analysts to improve computer systems as they relate to credit processes and related databases.
- Implement appropriate controls to ensure that the team is in compliance with EUC policy.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time within stringent deadlines and with minimum supervision.
- The position needs to follow company policies and any deviation from policy must be escalated to their manager for notification and approval
- This position may act as a first level manager or as the most senior level individual contributor/ subject matter expert.-
- This position may also work with other support teams such as Vendor Management and/or Technology Services.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Three years proven statistical analysis using techniques such as Survival Regression, Logistic Regression or Fractional Logistic Regression and/or MIS experience, or equivalent. Management experience as well as knowledge and understanding of financial services preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, related field or equivalent experience; Masters Degree preferred.
- Well-developed organizational, analytical, problem-solving, project management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages. Strong programming skills to include knowledge of statistical programs (i.e. SAS, SAP) and/or advanced database programs.