This leadership position supports the global RBWM business in an analytical capacity and is a key contributor in achieving financial targets, including RoRWA, revenue and balance targets.
The Global Head of Consumer Assets Analytics has a primary responsibility of leading data analytics to ensure alignment with the business’s vision and objectives. The candidate will work closely with Global Product Heads in Secured Lending and Unsecured Lending to prioritize analytical agenda and drive business impact. The candidate will work with a team of analytical practitioners in India and China to manage analytical processes of product life-cycle across cards, loans, and mortgages. The candidate is a thought leader and brings in industry leading practices to innovate and continuously improve our product analytics process within the overall customer management framework. Some focus areas include:
- Prospecting. Optimizing target selection both for New-to-Bank customers and Existing-to-Bank customers. Identifying new data vectors and new prediction tools to improve target selection
- Balance Build. Optimizing balance build programs to grow balances and risk-adjusted revenues. Improve segmentation and modeling techniques to actively calibrate the portfolios.
- Retention. Building best in class retention models and treatment strategies.
- Monitor and assess lending acquisition performance and portfolio performance and actively identify portfolio opportunities.
The candidate will work closely with other SME teams in pricing optimization, payment analytics/merchant offer analytics, customer valuation, digital analytics, marketing-mix modeling, and customer management to profitably grow the lending portfolios.
The candidate will also champion agile, innovative working methodology to accelerate analytical innovation with increasing experiments in Machine Learning techniques, new data vectors, including enhanced use of credit bureau data and alternative data, and drive a consistent “test and learn” process.
The candidate will work cross-functionally with:
- Data team to improve BI capability
- CRM function for solution implementation
- Risk function for collaboration on risk/reward trade-off optimization
- Digital function for new channel enablement
The candidate will also:
- Work with Regional and Local product, Risk and CRM analytics teams at key sites to improve upon analytical strategies. Provide consultation for business challenges, revenue generation opportunities & quantitative financial analysis.
- Work with Policy & Compliance and Legal in respect of policies and standards.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.