Senior Manager, Digital Channel Analytics|
This role is part of the functional Global Retail Banking Wealth Management (RBWM) Customer Analytics Center of Excellence (COE) and provides senior managerial support for the North American business entities specifically for Digital Channel Analytics
This role involves the direct support for & management of the Digital client relationship, plus planning, ownership & completion of multiple analytic projects focused on the Digital Channels.
This role is responsible for leading the Digital Analytic agenda and directing team members, both locally and offshore to undertake quantitative analysis to support the development & monitoring of analytic solutions, provide business analysis insights and ultimately enhance the customer experience and business performance of the Digital Channels.
Impact on the Business
- Drives forward multiple Digital Channel & Customer analytic projects that provide insights, guides strategy formulation and delivers best in class Digital Channel analytic solutions.
- Improve the effectiveness of customer acquisition, customer wallet share deepening, customer value management and customer retention within the Digital Channel.
- Develop, implement, monitor & evaluate analytic solutions and aid the development of customer contact strategies within the Digital Channel that provide substantial commercial benefits to the organization.
- Provide digital analytical thought leadership and ensure best in class analytic service delivery to the local, regional and global digital teams.
- Institutionalizing an Agile process for digital analytics in the local markets - generating hypothesis, running experiments, robust process for A/B testing and timely sharing of outcomes/insights to the business.
- Develop the digital analytics roadmap, in conjunction with the Analytics and Digital leadership groups, identifying priority analytic projects for the local markets, plus techniques and technology requirements to develop Digital Channel analytic capability.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Major local stakeholders are the Digital Channel leadership & business team, plus Customer Value Management, CRM, Proposition Teams, & Marketing.
- In addition, an increasing level of support is provided to Group stakeholders, and specifically in this role to the Global Analytics function, the Global Digital team and the Global Digital Centers of Excellence.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support the Regional Head of RBWM Customer Analytics and the Regional Lead for RBWM Channel Analytics in providing a high quality, customer driven analytic function.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organization. Maintain & develop strong relationships with all local and offshore analytic team members, key business partners and stakeholders across the organization.
- Demonstrate leadership in the role and be an ambassador of the Analytics COE and Regional Analytics team to identify and drive forward the implementation of Digital Channel analytic solutions & best practices and promotes culture of “Build Once, Deploy Many Times”.
- Provide direction & leadership to both local and offshore analytic teams to drive forward and deliver the local Digital Channel Analytic agenda.
- Develop a culture of continuous innovation, challenges the business on approach and keeps abreast of the latest developments in the Digital Industry and analytics speciality.
- Work with the Digital team & web content specialists that maintain the website and mobile content, plus marketing specialists and agencies that implement digital promotions & campaign activity.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Manage the programming and monitoring of actionable analytic solutions that support the defined strategy and business process.
- Produce / review required reporting, KPIs and programming logs in line with all internal processes & procedures and good governance.
- Undertake post implementation reviews of analytic projects to further enhance the quality of future strategies & solutions.
- Proactively identify & plan for risks and provide mitigating actions.
- Support the agenda on Global Standards and ensure all Regulatory projects are delivered in a timely manner and with high quality.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Transformation of the business to achieve the Target Business Model by implementation of the RBWM Target Operating models.
- Regulatory challenges.
- Major ongoing business transformational & system changes in North America.
- Multiple stakeholders and cross functional project support resulting in a significant need for collaboration. Maintaining a customer centric focus by providing a holistic view of customer information.
- Multiple stakeholder demands and an ever increasing need for analytical support require ongoing project prioritization.
- Regulatory challenges and increasing need to dedicate time to Compliance & Regulatory work.
- Challenging competitive landscape and continued low interest environment
- HSBC and industry evolution of distribution and channel strategies to lower cost emerging technology.
- HSBC’s focus on Global Standards for the business
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials.The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Ensure employees apply compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Continues to reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Adheres to and demonstrates adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators
- Implements the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply
- Adheres to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaison with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators
HSBC is blazing the trail for African-American colleagues, check it out:
As you complete your online application, please use source code: Historically Black Colleges
and Universities. If you would like to notify HSBC's Diversity Recruiting team of your application, please e-mail
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years proven and progressive analytic experience, with 4 years recent Digital Channel Analytics (both Web/Online and Mobile), plus Digital Marketing analytics experience.
- Master’s degree required in business, statistics, economics, finance, information systems or operation research field.
- Excellent quantitative & analytical skills, including customer segmentation, statistical modeling, database marketing and portfolio management, plus knowledge of analytical methodologies for optimizing and evaluating analytic solutions.
- Proven leadership track record in dynamic/changing marketing environments, and ability to support & supervise less experienced analysts both locally and offshore.
- Proven ability to analyze Digital Channel data hands on, develop insights and recommend business strategy changes with associated financial benefits, across web, e-mail and mobile channels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple analytical projects, develop project plans and communicate with Executive Management & Senior Stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and experience in SAS , “R” and/or Python is preferred. Experience with Visualization tools, SQL, Mainframe programming enviroments are a plus.
- Experience of solutions involving DMP’s, DSP’s, and working with solutions such as Adobe Analytics/ Omniture, Adobe Target, Webtrends, Celebrus.
- Understanding of Digital Analytics ecosystem with various plays and optimization approaches to enhance digital experience, customer journeys and channel related revenues.
- Experience working in a Big Data Hadoop environment within current role and proven ability to deliver web based business solutions utilizing large datasets (volume – transaction data, unstructured – clickstream, weblogs, etc.)
- Preferred experience of SEO / SEM, Paid Search, Targeted Banners and Social Media analytics, including strategy development and ROI measurement.
- Proven problem solving, planning, project management and decision-making skills,
- Financial Industry experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of competition, channel solutions, products offered in the financial services industry, plus laws and regulations affecting their delivery.